Washington City Mission
Category of Service: Human Needs
The City Mission exists to share Christ, to shelter, to heal, and to restore the homeless to independent living without discrimination. Our life transforming rehabilitative programming effects lasting change and empowers the homeless to be productive members of society.
Programs and Services
- At City Mission, a Christ-centered rehabilitative homeless shelter, we facilitate this transformation by providing food, shelter, case management, biblical based counseling, and life-changing programming. We are dedicated to restoring the whole person through a Christ center approach that expresses God’s love for them.
- Our goal is to help each person who comes to City Mission to move from a life in crisis to a thriving life that is achieved through our broad spectrum of services and connections to community resources to ensure sustained recovery leading to independent living.
- At City Mission providing RECOVERY, TRANSFORMATION, and RESTORATION in the lives of the homeless on their journey to independent living is paramount. We provide these through our programs.
- By meeting people where they are in their journey, we provide life recovery programs that offer something even more valuable: hope. City Mission’s comprehensive suite of recovery programming is designed to help residents suffering from mental illness, chemical addiction, multiple relapses, incarceration, histories of abuse, abandonment and isolation, and functional and vocational disabilities get back on their feet.
- Because homelessness can be one paycheck loss or other circumstance away for some area families, City Mission strives to bring hope to anyone experiencing hardship in our region. We extend our Meals and Medical Services to community members. City Mission does go beyond these services through our Samaritan Care Food Pantry Center and the WeCare Street Outreach Program to extend a helping hand to those in need.
Primary Revenue Sources
Primary Fundraising Event
Sweet Sunday Dessert Festival
|Federal Tax ID||25-1051749|
|Title:||Director of Marketing|
|Address:||84 W. Wheeling St.|
Washington, PA, 15301
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via irs.gov.