Washington Symphonic Orchestra
Category of Service: Arts & Humanities
To 'engage the community by providing accessible, quality musical performances that entertain, educate and inspire.'
Programs and Services
- Concert Season: each year, the WSO Presents four season concerts that blend classics and pops.
- Young Artist Competition: each year, one musician who lives in Washington County and/or attends a Washington County School, in grades 9 through 12, is awarded a cash prize and the opportunity to perform as a soloist with the full orchestra.
- Young Vocalist Competition: each year, one vocalist who lives in Washington County and/or attends a Washington County School, in grades 9 through 12, is awarded a cash prize and the opportunity to perform as a soloist with the full orchestra.
- Side by Side: high school students are selected to play alongside WSO musicians. They attend all rehearsals and performances through the course of one season concert cycle.
- Community Outreach: the full orchestra has performed free concerts at the Whiskey Rebellion Festival and at Carnegie Music Hall. In summer 2022, the WSO will once again play the WRF and a concert at Peterswood Park. Smaller groups including the WSO String Quartet and the WSO Brass Quintet also perform throughout the community.
Primary Revenue Sources
Grants, individual donations, sponsorships, ticket revenue, program ads
Primary Fundraising Event
Annual Appeal/WCCF Gives
|Federal Tax ID||74-3045227|
|Name:||Adam J. Shaffer|
|Address:||PO Box 178|
Washington, PA, 15301
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via irs.gov.