The Salvation Army "Washington Corps"
Category of Service: Human NeedsSearch Again
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Programs and Services
- The Washington Salvation Army serves the community throughout the year through family fun programs, Love in a Backpack Weekend Food Effort, Emergency Disaster Assistance, Utilities, Rental Assistance, Food Pantry, access to showers/water for those that are homeless or experiencing water shutoffs and more. The Washington Salvation Army operates four days a week of youth programs during the school year. In the summer we operate a five week summer learning program.
- Music Programs. Free lessons to adults and children in guitar, piano, and after-school programs. Recreation, learning and a safe environment.
- Back-Pack Program. Back to school supplies and a backpack provided for local children. We also provide school supplies for teachers for 8 area schools. Last year we were able to also provide shoes for 40 children to start the school year off.
- Project Bundle-Up. Winter coat, boots, gloves and hats provided for underprivileged children and seniors in the local community.
- Summer Day Camp - 5 weeks of full-day camp for all children in the Washington area. Our Summer LEAP program focuses on math, reading, and science skills while having fun adventures in our community. Summer overnight camp - 6-day camp in Ellwood City for all children.
Primary Revenue Sources
Primary Fundraising Event
Annual Golf Outing & Red Kettle Effort
|Federal Tax ID||13-5562351|
|Name:||Captain Amber Joy Imhoff|
|Address:||60 East Maiden Street|
Washington, PA, 15301
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via charitynavigator.org.