The Peters Township Library Foundation
Category of Service: Education
The mission of The Peters Township Library Foundation is to build financial and volunteer support for the Peters Township Public Library.
Programs and Services
- “Reading has always been essential to me,” says Natalie Tissot, a years-long member of the Afternoon Book Club. “My reading journey began when my 4th grade teacher, Miss McBurney, gave my class an unusual Christmas gift, a library card. She told us it would open the world to us with adventures and unimaginable excitement! She guided my reading journey over many years. It was the best Christmas gift I ever received.” The Foundation continues to open minds by encouraging reading and patronage.
- “I’ve always been interested in military and political history,” says George Dvorznak, a longtime volunteer for the Library’s World War II discussion group. “I’ve taken advantage of the Library to read the latest thoughts of modern military and political history authors. Only the passage of time can allow social values and clarifying facts to change the stories of historical events. I feel enlightened.” The Foundation offers a plethora of historical events and material to our patrons.
- “Wherever I’ve lived, I’ve had a library card,” recalls Carol Adler, volunteer and donor at the Peters Township Library. “We have certain organizations, healthcare, civic, religious, etc., that we support and, of course, the library is high on that list.” With its knowledgeable staff, quality collection, and relevant programming, the Library is a ‘gold-star library in PA.’" Programs like Novel November, which bring renowned authors to speak, make Carol excited to donate her time again!
- According to Lori Obel, volunteer and donor, “The primary impact any library makes is offering needed services and resources. Our library does this better than most in our area, by offering a wide variety of programming that appeals to all age groups in our community and neighboring communities.” Through our funding efforts, the intergenerational allure of the library is demonstrated from adult book clubs to baby story time to the teen room - a vibrant center of the community.
- “I attended the library’s Civil War Program,” says Patti Fink, donor and volunteer. Patti established a close relationship with the staff and was asked to participate in a film series on Vietnam. "When I shared the story of my POW-MIA bracelet, I was surprised and honored to be included with 7 local American heroes. History classes teach dates. Ordinary people tell their stories." The Foundation is able to foster connections by capturing notable historic events relevant to our patrons.
Primary Revenue Sources
Private donations, WCCF
Primary Fundraising Event
WCCF Gives, Annual Donor Drive Mailer, Annual Book Sale
|Federal Tax ID||90-0185928|
|Title:||President, The Peters Township Library Foundation|
|Address:||616 E. McMurray Rd|
McMurray, PA, 15317
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via irs.gov.