Category of Service: Environment & Animal WelfareSearch Again
Pet Search Inc. is an all volunteer animal rescue and placement service, dedicating itself to the rescue, care and placement of homeless and unwanted domestic animals in southwestern Pennsylvania
Programs and Services
- Pet Search was founded in 1986 by a group of animal lovers who felt that Washington County needed an alternative to a conventional shelter environment for the rescue, care and placement of abandoned and unwanted animals. Originally called “People for Animal Welfare” (PAW), the group was renamed PET SEARCH in 1996. Our organization was the first non-euthanizing (no kill) animal rescue organization in Washington County.
- To provide for the rescue and placement of homeless and unwanted animals in western Pennsylvania and the surrounding areas. The animals are “home sheltered” in a foster home, as opposed to a shelter situation, since our philosophy is that we are placing family pets.
- To provide education for children regarding the care of animals, as children are the future for the animals. Education is provided to adult groups to stress the importance of spaying and neutering.
- To work with school districts in Washington, Greene and Allegheny Counties in promoting and providing community service opportunities to school children.
- To make available pet therapy programs for residents in senior and assisted living situations.
- To provide a low-cost spay/neuter program for pet owners with local veterinarians. Our SNAP program (Spay/Neuter Assistance Program) is a low-cost altering program available to pet owners who need financial assistance or wish low cost alternatives for altering pets. Pet Search also assists pet owners without transportation by transporting their pets to the scheduled appointments.
- To provide alternative control for the over-population of homeless and feral cats. Cats are trapped, altered and inoculated and re-released to the original colony location, relocated to “safe” colonies or socialized so they can be placed as family pets.
- To offer the community the opportunity to keep family pets healthy through our 4 low cost Rabies Plus Clinics
Primary Revenue Sources
Primary Fundraising Event
|Federal Tax ID||25-1799497|
|Address:||257 Point View Drive, PO Box 1653|
Washington, PA, 15301
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.