Monongahela Area Library
Category of Service: EducationSearch Again
To educate, enrich and enhance the community.
Programs and Services
- Basic Services- The Monongahela Area Library (MAL) supplies books, DVDs, Music CDs, Audiobooks, Electronic Books (e-books), Electronic Audiobooks (e-audio) and magazines/periodicals for free to all ages in the community with your WAGGIN library card. The WAGGIN library system services all of Washington, Greene and Fayette Counties. As a member of WAGGIN, our patrons have access to over 850,000 items.
- Electronic Services- We provide 8 public computers, where members of the community can access the internet for free. Access to our WIFI is free with your library card. Printing, copying and faxes services are also available. Through the WAGGIN system, card holders have access to free databases, like Gale Courses, which are instructor- led educational courses, and Overdrive, a service to download e-books and e-audio.
- Programs- We offer a multitude of fun and educational programming for all ages, from toddlers to senior citizens. Lifelong learning is very important to our mission. Our current standing programming selections include Storytime twice a week, Pajama Storytime once a month, a monthly Children’s STEM series, monthly Art and Crafts program, monthly Adulting 101 Teen program, monthly Book Clubs for Adults and Teens, Free Tutoring for Children every Tuesday, and Basic Computer Classes for Adults.
- Community Center- We strive to be a community center for our service area. Our mission is to educate, enrich and enhance the community. We take our role as a community center very seriously. We have partnered with other local community organizations to host programs. In addition to all the other services we provide, we also distribute tax forms and serve as a polling place. Members from the community can utilize space in the library for reading, leisure, and meeting others.
- Genealogy- As we focus on the future, we cannot forget our past. Our Genealogy & History Collection has more than 800 volumes, and microfilm of the Monongahela Valley Republican (1851 – 1870; 1876 – 1908), the Monongahela Valley Daily Republican (most volumes 1881 – 1970), the Daily Herald (most volumes 1970 – 1983) and The Bentleyville Courier newspapers (1976 – 1982), and governmental minutes of the city from the 1850's to the 1920's.
Primary Revenue Sources
State, County & Local Aid, Fundraising and Donations
Primary Fundraising Event
Bi-Annual Fleatique Book Sale and Vendor Show
|Federal Tax ID||25-1181467|
|Address:||813 West Main Street|
Monongahela, PA, 15063
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via charitynavigator.org.