Mon Valley Youth & Teen Association
Category of Service: Education
The purpose of the Mon Valley Youth and Teen Association, Inc. is to serve youth and teens of the Mon Valley through programs and activities that provide and promote education, self-esteem, responsibility to self and others, and to seek to improve those conditions in our society, which affect the youth of today and in the future.
Programs and Services
- KID'S CONNECTION: Kid's Connection is an after-school program that provides opportunities for children Kindergarten through 4th grade. They are bused from the local elementary school two days a week and follows the school calendar. Upon arriving they receive a nutritious meal, assisted with their homework, and then participate in a wide selection of educational and recreational activities. Part time staff and volunteers have helped make Kid's Connection a success for approximately 30 years.
- YOUTH GROUPS: The Youth Groups provide a mixture of service projects, creative activities and other group learning experiences. Youth 5th grade through high school are given opportunities in planning and decision-making as they work together as a team. Groups work on different projects throughout the year, which can include community service, nature and outdoors, handicrafts, healthy living and current topics and concerns.
- ENRICHMENT: Field trips are an example of enrichment activities. The Ticket for Kids Foundation provides access to quality entertainment for children and families. The Foundation funds tickets and admission fees to many cultural, sports and recreational venues.
- CAMPING: DAY CAMP provides a special week long outdoor experience and can involve games, crafts, hiking, singing and an appreciation of the outdoors. WEEKEND CAMPING is held at the organization's Foresters Cabin, an historical cabin constructed by the CCC in 1934, located in Rockwood PA.bRESIDENT CAMP is held at Laurel Hill State Park for one week. Campers may experience hiking, team sports, arts and crafts, swimming, fire building, outdoor cooking and other activities.
- CARE AND SHARE: Mon Valley Youth & Teen Association, Inc.(MVYATA) cares about our children, their families and the communities in which they reside. MVYATA is a distribution site for the Donora Food Pantry and has partnered with the LeMoyne Center for the summer feeding program. MVYATA conducts clothing and household distributions regularly. In late August filled backpacks are distributed and toys at the holiday season also.
Primary Revenue Sources
Primary Fundraising Event
|Federal Tax ID||25-1740974|
|Name:||Mary Anne Bandalo|
|Address:||160 Thompson Ave. |
Donora, PA, 15033
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via irs.gov.