Heritage Public Library
Category of Service: Education
Providing a free public library to our residents of four(4) municipalities of McDonald Borough, Midway Borough, Mt. Pleasant Township and Robinson Township in Washington County, to encourage reading by more residents and to provide reference services.
Programs and Services
- Providing an excellent selection of books, DVDs, audiobooks, eBooks, eAudiobooks and magazines/periodicals to all members of the community including infants up to seniors. This is enhanced by the WAGGIN network allowing access to more than 900,000 items
- Offering access to information through our computer lab, access to the internet, free wi-fi and multiple data bases, such as EBSCO, Business Search Main Edition and Newspapers Source Plus.
- Offering innovative, educational programming to children and adults, including virtual programming. Programs include preschool story time, summer reading, family fun nights, holiday parties, book discussions groups, tax preparation assistance for seniors and low income.
- Contributing to life long learning through book discussion and access to free, online, professional development courses through Gale Courses. Providing reasonably priced business services such as copying, faxing, printing and scanning.
- Serving as a community center, offering space for scout troops, crafters, quilters, teens, church groups, veterans and more. Our community room is a very affordable venue for showers, parties, funeral lunches and other functions. This is a very appreciated resource for the community.
Primary Revenue Sources
Fundraising, state, county, school district and local municipalities
Primary Fundraising Event
Breakfast with the Bunny
|Federal Tax ID||25-1048764|
|Name:||Mary Anne Duranti|
|Address:||52 Fourth St.|
McDonald, PA, 15057
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via charitynavigator.org.