Domestic Violence Services of Southwestern Pennsylvania
Category of Service: Health & Fitness
The mission of Domestic Violence Services of Southwestern PA is to increase awareness of domestic violence and its effect on the community, to empower those victimized by providing advocacy and safe and effective services, and to work for social change designed to eliminate domestic violence.
Programs and Services
- Emergency safe house: Emergency shelter for up to 30 days for victims of domestic violence and their children. Food, clothing, and personal care items as needed. 24-hour transportation with intake. Daily programs offered for children residing within our facility. One-on-one and group counseling activities.
- 24-hour hotline: The DVSSP provides crisis counseling, safety planning, support information, and referrals to victims of domestic violence, their family, friends, and assisting agencies.
- Empowerment counseling and support group: Free individual and group counseling for anyone who is or has been directly involved in an abusive relationship.
- Legal advocacy: We provide free and confidential assistance with filing Protection from Abuse Orders, court accompaniment, support, information, and advocacy as victims progress through the legal system.
- Prevention, education, and training: School programs are offered to all grade levels focusing on violence prevention. Presentations and trainings are also offered to local businesses, agencies, and civic and religious groups.
Primary Revenue Sources
Domestic Violence Services of Southwestern PA is funded by state and federal grants, the United Way, foundations, and donations from area churches, businesses, organizations, clubs, and private individuals.
Primary Fundraising Event
Annual Peace Begins at Home Dinner held in October
|Federal Tax ID||25-1521327|
|Address:||308 E. Maiden St.|
Washington, PA, 15301
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via charitynavigator.org.