Arc Human Services
Category of Service: Human Needs
Provide creative and innovative residential, vocational, and community-based services to enhance the health, safety, and happiness of individuals with developmental disabilities as they live and work within the community.
Programs and Services
- Arc Human Services has been helping individuals of all ages with intellectual and developmental disabilities and mental health challenges since 1952. Our programs allow more than 500 individuals each year across southwestern Pennsylvania to fulfill their ambitions, protect their rights, and foster meaningful relationships at home, at work, and in their communities.
- AHS provides an array of services for individuals living with intellectual and developmental disabilities and/or mental health challenges, including Behavioral Supports, Clinical and Program Development, Consultation, and Training as well as Community Residential Rehabilitation, Community Living Arrangements, Employment Services, Student Services, and Supportive Housing.
- As a vocational agency, AHS maximizes the independence of adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities. Through our services, individuals are able to be more independent and can increase their level of social and vocational functioning.
- AHS's beloved Camp Laugh-A-Lot is an inclusive program for all but specializes in serving children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and mental health diagnoses. The annual summer camp has been engages campers in structured group activities, including swimming, field trips, arts and crafts, sports, and games. Arc Human Services takes pride in providing support to any individual who is interested in experiencing camp, no matter the nature of their special needs.
- In the past year, AHS has opened an art gallery located in our new headquarters in Canonsburg, PA. The art gallery highlights the various array of talent, culture, and diversity right in our own backyard while fostering a space for inclusivity. The gallery will host art therapy classes, and create an outlet for freedom of expression for the people we serve. In addition, the space will host a myriad of community-based events for a deeper organizational integration with the local community.
Primary Revenue Sources
Pa Office of Developmental Programs, County Behavioral Health and Developmental Services
Primary Fundraising Event
Annual Golf Outing
|Federal Tax ID||25-1663522|
|Name:||Mary Jo Podroskey|
|Address:||111 W Pike Street P. O. Box 521|
Canonsburg, PA, 15317
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via irs.gov.