AP Delsandro Veteran's Memorial
Category of Service: Community Improvement
Our mission is to raise funds for the reconstruction and maintenance of a Veterans Memorial and to support beneficial and charitable causes in and near Donora, PA.
Programs and Services
- The mission of The AP Delsandro Veteran's Memorial committee is to raise funds to rebuild the Veterans memorial dedicated to honor Donora's 87 local heroes who were lost in WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam. The site is located near the Post Office, Library, Senior Center, Fire and Police Departments and the Donora Historical Society's Smog Museum.
- To date, the ongoing fundraising efforts have supported the replacement of a concrete slab, cleaning and coating of four historic plaques with new metal stands. We have also installed of four 5ft x 10ft original art murals. The patriotic images are very colorful and compelling renderings with focuses on WWI, WII, Korea and Vietnam. When completed, the facility will add to the Donora's offerings and be used by local residents and visitors to relax and reflect and as a place for community events.
- Fundraising efforts have been in place for well over 38 years. Early on, larger funds were distributed entities including The Mon Valley Hospital, Donora Police, The Donora Fire Department and others. In order to accumulate funds to support the rebuilding of the Memorial smaller donations have been made to Donora Youth Sports, The Donora Library, The Donora Veterans Council and other organizations.
- A donor "Brick Drive" will be launched in June of 2022. Purchasers have the opportunity to dedicate a brick to a loved one, charitable organization, service branch, etc. Profits from this drive will also be used to fund the new structure and donated to charitable causes
- At present, our current funds account for approximately 40% of the amount needed to complete the new structure.
Primary Revenue Sources
Annual golf outing and donations received throughout the year. A donor brick drive will be launched in May, 2022
Primary Fundraising Event
Annual golf outing
|Federal Tax ID||51-0462696|
|Address:||3 2nd. Street Ext.|
Donora , PA, 15033
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via irs.gov.