Pennsylvania Elks Major Projects
Category of Service: Health & Fitness
To support and promote the independence of individuals with developmental disabilities, by providing advocacy services in their home environment.
The PA Elks Home Service Program provided free in-home care coordination and advocacy services to more than 3,800 children, youth and adults with developmental disabilities who live anywhere in PA. Services are provided by specially-trained nurses.
Programs and Services
- The PA Elks Home Service Program offers a Registered Nurse who can provide free in-home services to children, youth and adults with developmental disabilities who live anywhere in Washington County. She helps the individual and their family/caretakers navigate the often-complicated social service and health care systems. She helps participants find out about and access the services and support they need to enhance their health and well-being.
- The program supports each person to help improve their health and safety outcomes. We help them access quality health care and affordable health insurance benefits. We support them to access the health care providers, medical equipment, supplies and assistive technology they need. We provide health and safety teaching to help individuals remain as healthy as they can and reduce secondary medical complications. We act as a liaison between health care providers and participants.
- The program helps individuals receive the educational services and vocational support they need to help them live as independently as possible. We help with inclusion and integration into the community so that each participate can become active, participating members of the community where they live.
- In addition to access to health care, we focus on other social determinants of health such as food, housing, safety, education and vocation. The nurse helps to address the needs of both the person with the disability and those of their family. Issues such as language barriers, illiteracy, poverty, child abuse, domestic violence and homelessness are addressed as needed.
- The program also provides support to the family and caregivers of individuals with special needs. We help to address the details of care, giving a family more time to pursue a better quality of life.
Primary Revenue Sources
PA Elks Fundraising, Elks National Foundation, PA Elks Legacy Trust Fund, Foundation grants
Primary Fundraising Event
March for Home Service at the Spring Pennsylvania State Elks Convention
|Federal Tax ID||25-6084084|
|Title:||Grant Projects Director|
|Address:||703 Georgian Pl.|
Somerset, PA, 15501
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via irs.gov.