Category of Service: Environment & Animal Welfare
Pet Search Inc. is an all volunteer animal rescue and placement service, dedicating itself to the rescue, care and placement of homeless and unwanted domestic animals in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Programs and Services
- Pet Search is an all-volunteer nonprofit animal rescue and placement service, dedicating itself to the rescue, care, and placement of homeless and unwanted domestic animals in southwestern PA. Founded by animal lovers in 1987 as People for Animal Welfare and renamed Pet Search in 1996, Pet Search has a history of compassion.Pet Search is a non-euthanizing (no-kill) organization, keeping animals “home sheltered until permanent homes can be located. Our philosophy is that we•are placing animals to be family pets; therefore, they are kept in “foster homes” – family environments as opposed to kennel facilities.
- • Animal Rescue and Placement: Domestic animals in need are matched with a foster home according ot the needs and personality of the pet. The pet is housed in a family environment, vet checked, inoculated and, if old enough, altered. When the pet is ready for adoption, families are screened to ensure •that the pet will be adopted into a responsible family environment.
- • Pet Therapy: Domestic pets are taken to senior citizen centers and nursing homes through the area. Pet therapy is used to bring enjoyment to the residents of these facilities.
- • Human Education: Educating the public, especially children, in the care and welfare of animals. This is essential in preventing the mistreatment of animals.
- • Fundraising: This is essential to help Pet Search in caring for the animals.
- • Feral Cat Rescue: Trap/alter/re-release. Feral cats are trapped, tested for feline leukemia, spayed/neutered, and re-released to area of origin.
- • Rabies PLUS Clinics – Low cost vaccination and microchipping clincs for both dogs and cats. Clinics are offered in February, April, August and October
- • SNAP (Spay/Neuter Assistance Program) Low cost spay/neuters with local veterinarians; cost of altering IS NOT based on income; everyone qualifies for same low price
- In 35 years of rescue serving western PA, Pet Search has rescued and placed over 18,000 animals using only foster homes. We do not turn any animals in need away.
Primary Revenue Sources
Adoptions, fundraisers, donations, grants
Primary Fundraising Event
2020- yard sale, Rabies Clinics
|Federal Tax ID||25-1799497|
|Address:||257 Point View Dr., PO Box 1653|
Washington, PA, 15301
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via charitynavigator.org.