Category of Service: Environment & Animal WelfareSearch Again
Pet Search Inc. is an all volunteer animal rescue and placement service, dedicating itself to the rescue, care and placement of homeless and unwanted domestic animals in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Programs and Services
- Pet Search is an all-volunteer nonprofit animal rescue and placement service, dedicating itself to the rescue, care, and placement of homeless and unwanted domestic animals in southwestern PA. Founded by animal lovers in 1987 as People for Animal Welfare and renamed Pet Search in 1996, Pet Search has a history of compassion. Pet Search is a non-euthanizing (no-kill) organization, keeping animals home sheltered until permanent homes can be located.
- Our philosophy is that we are placing animals to be family pets; therefore, they are kept in “foster homes” – family environments as opposed to kennel facilities. When the pet is ready for adoption, families are screened to ensure that the pet will be adopted into a responsible family environment.
- Feral Cat Rescue: Trap/alter/re-release. Feral cats are trapped, tested for feline leukemia, spayed/neutered, and re-released to area of origin.
- Pet Therapy: Domestic pets are taken to senior citizen centers and nursing homes through the area. Pet therapy is used to bring enjoyment to the residents of these facilities.
- Human Education: Educating the public, especially children, in the care and welfare of animals. This is essential in preventing the mistreatment of animals.
- Fundraising: This is essential to help Pet Search in caring for the animal.
- Community Service Programs: Rabies PLUS Clinics – Low cost vaccination and microchipping clinics for both dogs and cats. Clinics are offered in February, April, August and October. We also offer assistance in helping our community with low cost spay and neuters of pets.
Primary Revenue Sources
Festivals, adoption events, spaghetti dinner, rabies clinics, bingo
Primary Fundraising Event
|Federal Tax ID||25-1799497|
|Address:||257 Point View Dr.|
Washington, PA, 15301
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via charitynavigator.org.