Charity Bulletin Board
CCF Capacity Building Grant Workshop
Wednesday, January 17
Charities who wish to apply for a Community CARE Fund (CCF) capacity building grant are encouraged to attend this workshop.
- Wednesday, January 17, 2018
- 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Southpointe Golf Club, 360 Southpointe Boulevard, Canonsburg, PA 15317
The Seminar is FREE, but Registration is REQUIRED. Reserve your space now.
The 2018 Clicks for Cash contest, to be held June 11 to 17, 2018, will allow the public to vote at storybook.wccf.net for the charity or charities they like best. The charity with the most votes will win a grand prize of $3,000, and four other organizations will be chosen via a random computer lottery to receive $500 each.
Only charities who have a story published on the Heart of Giving Charity Storybook website will be eligible to participate in Clicks for Cash 2018.
The Heart of Giving Charity Storybook enables charities to share the impact of their programs, reach a larger audience, and generate greater interest in the charitable work that is being done in our local community. It also provides the potential to attract new donors on WCCF Gives day and throughout the year.
Not yet registered for the Charity Storybook? Access the registration form to get started today!
Do you need some help writing your story? Click here for story writing tips from WCCF Trustee Dorothy Tecklenburg.
Save the Date!
WCCF Gives 2018 – Wednesday, September 12
Washington County’s Official Community-Wide Day of Giving
To participate in WCCF Gives, a charity must complete and submit an application by June 1. The WCCF Gives registration form will be available in early 2018.
Participating charities must have a physical presence in Washington County and have a designated email address to accept electronic communications.
Also, a charity must warrant and represent that it:
- Is exempt from federal income tax as an organization described in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, is not a “private foundation” as defined in section 509(a) of the Code, and files the Federal Form 990 annually.
- Will immediately notify the WCCF regarding any changes to the Agency’s tax-exempt status.
- Is in compliance with the Pennsylvania Solicitation of Funds for Charitable Purposes Act.
- Is in compliance with all federal, state, county, and municipal requirements, pertaining to the Agency.
- Is in compliance with the USA Patriot Act and other counterterrorism laws, statutes, and executive orders.
- Will use all funds received via WCCF Gives exclusively for charitable purposes in Washington County.
- Will actively promote WCCF Gives to its sphere of constituents.
- Will not provide goods or services to donors in exchange for their gifts.
- Will not alter the official WCCF Gives Check Contribution Form and will not utilize custom, agency-specific check contribution forms when soliciting WCCF Gives check contributions. Check gifts that are accompanied by any form other than the official WCCF Gives Check Contribution Form will not be eligible for the WCCF Gives bonus pool
Effective Grant-Writing Workshop Handouts
The Effective Grant-Writing Workshop was held on December 6, 2017 at California University of Pennsylvania. Our featured presenter was Karen Primm, Contractor for Grant Services Office of Sponsored Programs and Research, California University of Pennsylvania.
For those unable to attend the workshop, Karen and CAL U have graciously allowed the WCCF to share the handouts from the seminar:
Are you a charity or a donor with a question about this year’s WCCF Gives event? Please review our list of Frequently Asked Questions or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-222-6330.