- Home »
Questions For Donors
- When does WCCF Gives begin and end?
- Why don't I see the charity I want to support?
- Is there a minimum donation?
- What types of credit cards are accepted?
- Why can't I use my credit card gift card?
- My credit card was declined. What do I do?
- I didn’t get a receipt via email. Why?
- I’m having problems with this site. What should I do?
- What if I want to give by check?
- When will I know the results of WCCF Gives Day?
- What will the Foundation do with donors' contact information?
When does WCCF Gives begin and end?
The event will take place on September 13, 2016 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. EST. Throughout the day, we will post how well the participating charities are doing on this site as well as the Washington County Community Foundation's Facebook and Twitter pages.
Why don't I see the charity I want to support?
To participate in WCCF Gives, a charity must complete and submit an application. The deadline for WCCF Gives 2016 is June 1. If your charity is not listed, please encourage it to contact us for information about WCCF Gives.
Is there a minimum donation?
The minimum gift is $25. There is no limit to the amount of money you may give (although the maximum amount of your gift eligible for the match pool for a specific charity is $10,000 per charity). You may donate to as many as 10 charities per online transaction.
What types of credit cards are accepted?
Visa, Master Card, and Discover will be accepted. Debit Cards will be accepted too. Credit card gift cards will not be accepted.
Why can't I use my credit card gift card?
The processing fees for credit card gift cards (5%) are typically higher than those of normal credit cards (up to 3%). Please note that donors do not pay the 3% processing fee when they make a donation through our site. For example, if you make a $100 gift to a charity, that charity will receive $97. However, donors do have the option of covering the cost of the credit card processing fee by checking the appropriate box when making a donation.
My credit card was declined. What do I do?
Please contact your credit card company directly. Note: You should first verify you are entering all your information correctly. A transposed number, or putting in the wrong billing address, can cause a card to be declined.
I didn’t get a receipt via email. Why?
The receipt could be in your junk filter, or an incorrect email address could have been entered. If you need a receipt please call (724) 222-6330.
I’m having problems with this site. What should I do?
Please call our office at (724) 222-6330.
What if I want to give by check?
In addition to website donations, the WCCF will also be accepting contributions via check, which will be eligible for the bonus pool if they are received at the Foundation by 8:00 p.m. on Gives day. Check-writing donors wishing to support multiple charities are encouraged to submit only one check for the total amount along with a completed WCCF Gives Check Contribution Form, which will be available in July. Checks must be made payable to "WCCF."
When will I know the results of WCCF Gives Day?
We will post updates on this website, Facebook, and Twitter as gifts are received. We encourage everyone to regularly check these pages throughout the day. But please understand that all of this information is preliminary. It is our objective to verify the contribution totals as soon as possible. The grant checks will be presented to the participating charities in October.
What will the Foundation do with the donors' contact information?
All donor contact and gift information received during WCCF Gives will be sent to the respective organizations unless you request anonymity. The Foundation will send you information about philanthropic issues and opportunities throughout the year, and we encourage you to visit the WCCF website often for the latest news about our organization.
Questions For Charities
- When will I know how much my charity receives?
- When will my charity receive the donations?
- Will I know who made a gift to my charity?
- Why am I not listed as a participating charity?
- How does the prorating bonus work?
- Is there a minimum donation?
- Is there a maximum donation?
- Is my charity permitted to make a gift to itself on Gives Day?
- May my charity use WCCF Gives as an opportunity to collect payments for sponsorships or event registrations?
- May my charity use WCCF Gives as an opportunity to collect membership dues?
- Our donor wants to make a gift of $100. I understand each online transaction will be subject to a 3% credit card processing fee. How may our donor ensure that our charity receives the full $100 contribution?
When will I know how much my charity receives?
On WCCF Gives day, we will post updates on this website, Facebook, and Twitter as gifts are received. We encourage everyone to regularly check these pages throughout the day. But please understand that all of this information is preliminary. It is our objective to verify the contribution totals as soon as possible.
When will my charity receive the donations?
The WCCF will be hosting the WCCF Gives Gathering, our grant presentation event, on Thursday, October 13. At that time, each charity will receive a check for its total contributions and its portion of the bonus pool (estimated to be $100,000), as well as its list of contributors and their donation amounts. Additional details about the event will be provided after WCCF Gives day.
Will I know who made a gift to my charity?
All donor contact and gift information received during WCCF Gives will be sent to the respective organizations unless the donor requests anonymity.
Why am I not listed as a participating charity?
To participate in WCCF Gives, a charity must complete and submit an application by the annual registration deadline. Participating charities must have a physical presence in Washington County and have a designated email address to accept electronic communications. Also, a charity must warrant and represent that it:
- Is exempt from federal income tax as an organization described in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and that it is not a “private foundation” as defined in section 509(a) of the Code.
- Will immediately notify the WCCF regarding any changes to the Agency’s tax-exempt status.
- Is in compliance with the Pennsylvania Solicitation of Funds for Charitable Purposes Act.
- Is in compliance with all federal, state, county, and municipal requirements, pertaining to the Agency.
- Is in compliance with the USA Patriot Act and other counterterrorism laws, statutes, and executive orders.
- Will use all funds received via WCCF Gives exclusively for charitable purposes in Washington County.
- Will actively promote WCCF Gives to its sphere of constituents.
- Will not provide goods or services to donors in exchange for their gifts.
- Will not alter the official WCCF Gives 2016 Check Contribution Form and will not utilize custom, agency-specific check contribution forms when soliciting WCCF Gives check contributions. Check gifts that are accompanied by any form other than the official WCCF Gives 2015 Check Contribution Form will not be eligible for the WCCF Gives bonus pool.
How does the prorating bonus work?
During this one-day event running from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., the WCCF will enhance contributions made to participating charities, via www.wccfgives.org or by check, by a bonus pool anticipated to be at least $100,000.
To maximize the growth potential of the event, the Foundation’s Board of Trustees has voted to distribute 50% of the bonus pool by the number of donors, and 50% by the total dollar amount. A donor is defined as an individual, group of individuals, or corporation/business contributing a gift of $25 or more either by credit card or check/cash.
Donors are welcome to give as much as they would like during the event, but $10,000 per donor per charity is the maximum amount eligible for the bonus pool. For example, if a donor makes a $25,000 contribution ($10,000 for your charity, $10,000 for Charity B, and $5,000 for Charity C), all $25,000 would be eligible for the bonus.
Donors choosing to contribute to a charity via multiple giving methods (any combination of credit card, check, or cash transactions) will only be counted once toward that charity’s donor total.
Is there a minimum donation?
The minimum gift is $25 per charity.
Is there a maximum donation?
NO. Since there is no limit to what each charity can receive, your charity's efforts in promoting this opportunity will directly impact your total contributions for the day.
Is my charity permitted to make a gift to itself on Gives Day?
NO. Only contributions from donors will be eligible for the bonus pool. Neither charities, nor supporting organizations created specifically to fundraise for the benefit of a single charity, are eligible to make contributions.
May my charity use WCCF Gives as an opportunity to collect payments for sponsorships or event registrations?
NO. Donors will receive a receipt saying their gift is fully tax-deductible so we cannot accept quid pro quo contributions (meaning a payment is made partly as a contribution and partly in consideration for goods or services provided to the payor by the donee organization).
May my charity use WCCF Gives as an opportunity to collect membership dues?
Yes, as long as the donor will not receive any goods or services in exchange for the gift. The contribution must be considered fully tax-deductible. An example of this would be the WCCF's Family of Founders (even though the WCCF will not be accepting any contributions to itself or its funds through WCCF Gives ). Donors do not expect to receive any benefits by belonging to this donor recognition society.
Our donor wants to make a gift of $100. I understand each online transaction will be subject to a 3% credit card processing fee. How may our donor ensure that our charity receives the full $100 contribution?
Your donor will have the option to "add" 3% to his or her contribution total by checking the appropriate box during checkout. The donor will be eligible for a tax deduction for $103, and your charity will receive the $100 contribution. Your donor could also choose to make the gift by check. Remember: The WCCF is not charging any fees to donors or participating charities, so your charity would receive the full $100 from the check contribution and the corresponding amount from the bonus pool.