- Home »
Questions For Donors
- When does WCCF Gives begin and end?
- Why don't I see the charity I want to support?
- Is there a minimum donation?
- What types of credit cards are accepted?
- Why can't I use my credit card gift card?
- My credit card was declined. What do I do?
- I didn’t get a receipt via email. Why?
- I’m having problems with this site. What should I do?
- What if I want to give by check?
- When will I know the results of WCCF Gives Day?
- What will the Foundation do with donors' contact information?
When does WCCF Gives begin and end?
The event will take place on September 10, 2014 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. EST. Throughout the day, we will post how well the participating charities are doing on the Washington County Community Foundation's Facebook and Twitter pages.
Why don't I see the charity I want to support?
To participate in WCCF Gives, a charity must complete and submit an application. If your charity is not listed, please encourage it to contact us for information about WCCF Gives day 2014. The deadline for registration is July 31.
Is there a minimum donation?
The minimum gift is $25. There is no limit to the amount of money you may give (although the maximum amount of your gift eligible for the match pool for a specific charity is $10,000 per charity). You may donate to as many as 10 charities per transaction.
What types of credit cards are accepted?"
Only Visa and Master Card will be accepted. Debit Cards will be accepted too. Credit card gift cards will not be accepted.
Why can't I use my credit card gift card?
The processing fees for credit card gift cards (5%) are typically higher than those of normal credit cards (up to 3%). Please note that donors do not pay the 3% processing fee when they make a donation through our site. For example, if you make a $100 gift to a charity, that charity will receive $97. However, donors do have the option of covering the cost of the credit card processing fee by checking the appropriate box when making a donation.
My credit card was declined. What do I do?
Please contact your credit card company directly. Note: Please verify you are entering all your information correctly. A transposed number, or putting in the wrong billing address, can cause a card to be declined.
I didn’t get a receipt via email. Why?
The receipt could be in your junk filter, or an incorrect email address could have been entered. If you need a receipt please call (724) 222-6330.
I’m having problems with this site. What should I do?
Please call our office at (724) 222-6330.
What if I want to give by check?
In addition to website donations, the WCCF will also be accepting contributions via check, which will be eligible for the bonus pool if they are received at the Foundation by 8:00 p.m. on Gives day. Check-writing donors wishing to support multiple charities are encouraged to submit only one check for the total amount along with a completed WCCF Gives Check Contribution Form, which will be available in August.
When will I know the results of WCCF Gives Day?
We will post updates on this website, Facebook, and Twitter as gifts are received. We encourage everyone to regularly check these pages throughout the day.
What will the Foundation do with the donors' contact information?
All donor contact and gift information received during WCCF Gives will be sent to the respective organizations unless you request anonymity. The Foundation will send you information about philanthropic issues and opportunities throughout the year, and we encourage you to visit the WCCF website often for the latest news about our organization.
Questions For Charities
- When will I know how much my charity receives?
- When will my charity receive the donations?
- Will I know who made a gift to my charity?
- Why am I not listed as a participating charity?
- How does the prorating bonus work?
- Is there a minimum donation?
- Is there a maximum donation?
- Is my charity permitted to make a gift to itself on Gives Day?
When will I know how much my charity receives?
On WCCF Gives day, we will post updates on the Washington County Community Foundation website, Facebook, and Twitter as gifts are received. We encourage everyone to regularly check these pages throughout the day.
When will my charity receive the donations?
Within six weeks of WCCF Gives, your charity will receive a check for the total of the donations collected that day plus the WCCF's prorated match.
Will I know who made a gift to my charity?
All donor contact and gift information received during WCCF Gives will be sent to the respective organizations unless the donor requests anonymity.
Why am I not listed as a participating charity?
To participate in WCCF Gives, a charity must complete and submit an application by the the registration deadline. The deadline for WCCF Gives 2014 was July 31. Participating charities must have a physical presence in Washington County and have a designated email address to accept electronic communications. Also, a charity must certify that it:
- Is exempt from federal income tax as an organization described in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and that it is not a "private foundation" as defined in section 509(a) of the Code.
- Is in compliance with the Pennsylvania Solicitation of Funds for Charitable Purposes Act.
- Is in compliance with all federal, state, county, and municipal requirements, pertaining to the Agency.
- Is in compliance with the USA Patriot Act and other counterterrorism laws, statutes, and executive orders.
- Will use all funds received via the on-line giving tool of the WCCF exclusively for charitable purposes in Washington County.
- Will immediately notify the WCCF regarding any changes to the Agency's tax-exempt status.
- Will actively promote WCCF Gives day to its sphere of constituents.
- Will not provide goods or services to donors in exchange for their gifts.
How does the prorating bonus work?
The WCCF will enhance donors' gifts to your charity by providing a prorated bonus from the bonus pool (estimated to be $100,000) to each gift made to your charity through this site on WCCF Gives day. The more money designated by donors to your charity, the greater the amount your charity will receive from the bonus pool.
While donors are welcome to give as much as they like during WCCF Gives day, $10,000 per donor, per charity is the maximum donation eligible for the bonus pool. For example, if a donor makes a $25,000 contribution ($10,000 for your charity, $10,000 for Charity B, and $5,000 for Charity C), all $25,000 would be eligible for the bonus.
Is there a minimum donation?
The minimum gift is $25.
Is there a maximum donation?
NO. Since there is no limit to what each charity can receive, your charity's efforts in promoting this opportunity will directly impact your total contributions for the day.
Is my charity permitted to make a gift to itself on Gives Day?
NO. Only contributions from donors will be eligible for the bonus pool.